Progress / Resident Progress and Consultation Notes are now available by your “Specialty“. The breakdown of these documentation via specialty will make it easier for all Physicians’ to understand the type of note documented for each patient profile. The content for all the notes are the same for all of the specialties. This is active for all locations: Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock. When searching for a documentation, you can search by your specialty, so the result(s) can be populated unique to your specialty. Below are the new specialties added for each of the note title. Review the image below, on how the documentation list would view once signed.
Specialties included for Progress / Resident Progress and Consultation Notes are:
Naming convention to search for each specialty:
“Your Specialty” Consultation Note – example: Cardiology Consultation Note
“Your Specialty” Progress Note – example: Cardiology Progress Note
Resident “Your Specialty” Progress Note – example: Resident Cardiology Progress Note
In Paragon Clinician Hub, when a document has been entered under the wrong visit ID or for any other reason the document needs to be removed from the record, it needs to be Invalidated.
If you have received a notice stating that you need to make this change, please utilize the instructions below. For additional visual training, a screen shot and a link to a video has been added below as well.
- Go to Census, locate visit where the document should be entered by entering the Visit ID supplied by Medical Records into the search field.
- Recreate the note under the correct visit ID, noting that the date is editable.
- Go back to the Census Tab.
- Locate visit where the document is entered in error by entering the “wrong” Visit ID supplied by Medical Records into the search field.
- Open the note in question, and locate the icon next to red X in the upper right hand corner; click the invalidate icon and choose a reason for invalidating.
Video on how to Invalidate: https://youtu.be/3YlLdtKPqzY
History and Physical Short form is no longer available for any sites.
The new “History and Physical Update 1001” will replace the short form. Providers must use the History and Physical 1000 for INITIAL documentation.
History and Physical Update 1001 is to be only used for updates to H&P’s created within the last 30 days for out-patient procedures and inpatient admissions.
If a History and Physical 1000 does not exist, one must be completed.
Please review the visual below for additional information.
Malnutrition Flowsheet is now available in Paragon Clinician Hub. Please follow the visual instructions to add “Malnutrition” flowsheet to your favorites.
Paragon 14 went live at 6pm Sunday March 18, 2018.
Current known issues:
- Census issues – Some EMPG hospitalists did have issues with missing patients from default census. Solution: Please review your filters, please look at “Groups”. Make sure “Hospitalist Physicians Med Grp of Ill LLC” is checked. Please save the filter. – resolved 03/22/18 10am
- E-prescription error – This issue has been resolved. If you were able to send electronic prescriptions you should have functionality. Prescribing controlled substances is a different process. – resolved 03/22/18 2pm
- Completed Physdoc notes are not crossing over to MPF. Items can be viewed under “Documents” in Clinician Hub. – issue resolved 3/19/18 at 9am
- MPF (medical records) opens in separate window- This is the new default starting in Version 14. The pop-up window will close (even if minimized) when the focus is changed from the current patient. Previous issues of an orphaned window leading to hanged state should not occur. – Issue closed 03/20/18
- Rounding report patients do not appear in sorted order by bed number. – Issue resolved 03/20/18
Last updated 3/19/18
Paragon will be upgraded from version 13.x to version 14
Saturday 3/17/18 at 10p to Sunday 3/18/18 5p
What will be unavailable?
All Paragon applications including Clinician Hub (physician access) and Clinical care station ((nursing access)
What will be available?
PACS, MPF (medical records), T systems, OB and anesthesia Centricity, MUSE and CVIS
For instructions on accessing MPF during downtime see here.
What about labs?
Labs will be printed and placed in the paper chart.
What about notes?
Physicians will dictate notes during downtime.
What about orders?
Paper order sheets and prescriptions will be used during downtime.
What are the new features in Paragon 14?
- Updated Patient Card: Patient demographics are easier to see in the upper left hand corner.
- Patient Profile (NEW): Report containing information such as advanced directives, allergies, demographics, family history, implants, home medications etc are now available in a single report. This report can be customized by the end user for their practice
- New flowsheet search capabilities: Some flowsheets such as Lab can get very difficult yo navigate especially on long admissions. This new search function will allow the user to quickly scroll the needed row. In this example I searched for “chest”. I was taken to the Chest X-ray row with the specific row highlighted.
- Prescription writer: Now allows for secure electronic submission of controlled substances
Paragon will not be available from 10:00 pm Tuesday 1/9/2018 through 6:00 am 1/10/2018 while the database is being upgraded.
MPF will be available to pull up past notes.