Paragon 14 went live at 6pm Sunday March 18, 2018.
Current known issues:
- Census issues – Some EMPG hospitalists did have issues with missing patients from default census. Solution: Please review your filters, please look at “Groups”. Make sure “Hospitalist Physicians Med Grp of Ill LLC” is checked. Please save the filter. – resolved 03/22/18 10am
- E-prescription error – This issue has been resolved. If you were able to send electronic prescriptions you should have functionality. Prescribing controlled substances is a different process. – resolved 03/22/18 2pm
- Completed Physdoc notes are not crossing over to MPF. Items can be viewed under “Documents” in Clinician Hub. – issue resolved 3/19/18 at 9am
- MPF (medical records) opens in separate window- This is the new default starting in Version 14. The pop-up window will close (even if minimized) when the focus is changed from the current patient. Previous issues of an orphaned window leading to hanged state should not occur. – Issue closed 03/20/18
- Rounding report patients do not appear in sorted order by bed number. – Issue resolved 03/20/18
Last updated 3/19/18
Paragon will be upgraded from version 13.x to version 14
Saturday 3/17/18 at 10p to Sunday 3/18/18 5p
What will be unavailable?
All Paragon applications including Clinician Hub (physician access) and Clinical care station ((nursing access)
What will be available?
PACS, MPF (medical records), T systems, OB and anesthesia Centricity, MUSE and CVIS
For instructions on accessing MPF during downtime see here.
What about labs?
Labs will be printed and placed in the paper chart.
What about notes?
Physicians will dictate notes during downtime.
What about orders?
Paper order sheets and prescriptions will be used during downtime.
What are the new features in Paragon 14?
- Updated Patient Card: Patient demographics are easier to see in the upper left hand corner.
- Patient Profile (NEW): Report containing information such as advanced directives, allergies, demographics, family history, implants, home medications etc are now available in a single report. This report can be customized by the end user for their practice
- New flowsheet search capabilities: Some flowsheets such as Lab can get very difficult yo navigate especially on long admissions. This new search function will allow the user to quickly scroll the needed row. In this example I searched for “chest”. I was taken to the Chest X-ray row with the specific row highlighted.
- Prescription writer: Now allows for secure electronic submission of controlled substances
Did you know that you can access the patient chart, MPF during Paragon downtime?
Just launch Internet Explorer from any Centegra workstation and go to favorites => Centegra Internet Applications => MPF OneContent.
The username is password is the same as your Paragon login.
NOTE: Remember to set the domain to Centegra.
This will give you access to patient chart such as H&P, consults and progress notes.
Paragon, MPF, ChartScript and multiple other applications will not be available from 9:30pm Saturday 04/25/2015 through 5:30am Sunday 04/26/2015 (See list below)
Dictated reports will continue to be transcribed while the applications are not available. Please call Precyse at 888-840 4983 to request an urgently needed report be faxed during the downtime.
- Endo Tool
- HPF / MPF
- Muse (EKG)
- Physician Portal(remote access)
- SunQuest Lab
The Pharmacy Note is now available for review. A patient whose home medication list has been verified by a pharmacist will have a note that will populate in Webstation for Physicians/MPF.
- Home medication list that is verified with the patient
- Reported issues and recommendations by the Pharmacist
You can find this note in the Documentation section of Webstation for Physicians or MPF (formerly HPF)
For any questions or concerns about the document please contact the physician support liaisons at (815)759-4330.
The timestamp on transcribed documents in MPF has been updated to now reflect the dictation time and not the transcription time.
If you see the icon below (the pencil with the red line through it) it signifies that the Deficiency has been locked and you will be unable to edit or sign that deficiency.
To prevent a deficiency from locking:
- Sign off on all deficiencies in one sitting.
- If opting to edit and or sign a deficiency at a later time click on the Tasklist button to exit the deficiency processing window. Clicking on the Tasklist button will properly log you off the Deficiencies processing page and will prevent the locking of that deficiency.
Please contact the Physician Support Liaisons at (815)759-4330 for any questions or concerns.
HPF will be DOWN from:
Sunday, November 2, 4:00pm
Monday, November 3, 7:00am
Purpose: Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) is being upgraded to McKesson Patient Folder (MPF).
Transcribed History and Physicals, Progress Notes and Consults will be auto-printed on nursing units through the weekend for availability during the MPF upgrade downtime.
For information about MPF click here.