This is the most recent Antibiogram for the system.
Antibiogram 2018 2nd QTR FY 2018
A few notable points are:
- e.coli resistance to ampicillin and ampicillin sulbactam continues to increase making use of drugs such as Unasyn unreliable for intraabdominal and GU infections. Hence it is not on the formulary.
- Pipercillin/tazobactam remains very active against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, in fact susceptibilities remain higher than with imipenem.
- MRSA remains an increasing problem and currently almost half of all Staphyloccal isolates are oxacillin resistant.
- Vancomycin resistant enterococcus remains relatively low.
- Penicillin resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae is still uncommon in our area (fortunately)