This is a post on using remote access for Paragon webstation for physicians (WSP).
- System requirements
- Connecting with Internet Explorer
- Accessing information systems
- Password requirements
- Getting help
- Paragon remote login PDF
These are the minimum requirements necessary to ensure the proper operation of Centegra Health System’s Access.Centegra.Com.
Administrative level access to the PC or other device used for accessing the web site is recommended for full functionality. The caller must be logged into the device as a user with administrative privileges in order to obtain Help Desk assistance beyond general questions in regard to use of https://access.centegra.com. PCs, laptops, tablets, or other devices that are owned by Centegra and managed by the Information Systems department are exempt from this requirement.
- Display Resolution of at least 1024 by 768.
- Internet Connection, 56k modem or better. High Speed Internet (cable, DSL, etc…) is highly recommended.
- Microsoft Windows OS and the Internet Explorer browser provide the maximum compatibility for applications offered through Access.centegra.com SSL VPN web site.
- Access.Centegra.Com supports 32-bit version Windows® XP SP3, 32-bit and 64-bit versions Windows® Vista SP2, Windows® 7 SP1 and Windows 8 running IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox 19 or Chrome 25.
- Windows Phone 7, 8 and RT are currently not supported.
- Only 32-bit browsers are supported.
- If Windows 8 is used, https://access.centegra.com must be accessed from the desktop. The Windows 8 Internet Explorer tile in Metro view will not work properly and should not be used.
- Configure the browser to allow pop-ups from access.centegra.com
- Add https://access.centegra.com to the list of trusted sites in the browser settings.
- If ActiveX filtering is enabled (Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering in IE 9 & 10), disable it prior to downloading and installing browser components.
- Customized browsers that come with some Internet services (at&t DSL, MSN, etc…) cannot be used. You must use the standard installation of Internet Explorer by launching it using the Internet Explorer shortcut on your Windows desktop or Start menu.
Mac OS X
- Access.Centegra.Com has fully qualified compatibility with Apple® OS X® 10.8.x and Apple® OS X® 10.7.x devices, running Firefox 19, Safari 5.x, Safari 6 or Chrome 25.
Access.Centegra.Com will support the following Mobile Operating Systems:
- Apple® iOS versions 5 and 6
- Android versions 2.1 to 4.1
Some small software files and ActiveX components will need to be installed on your PC. This software must be allowed to install. Also, pop-ups must be allowed for access.centegra.com. Follow any on-screen instructions for installation of required components. (installerControl_setup.exe)
Connecting to Access.centegra.com with Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer from a computer connected to the Internet.
- Type https://access.centegra.com into the Address field of the browser and press Enter.
- Type your Username.
- In the Password field enter your network password.
- Click Logon to complete the process.
- Follow the prompts to install any software and to allow pop-ups for Access.centegra.com.
Allow Pop-ups for this Site
If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your PC you may receive a message informing you that you should add the web site to your list of sites allowing pop-ups. Follow the instructions on the screen to add Access.centegra.com to the list of sites allowing pop-ups. After you complete the steps to allow pop-ups, click the Then click here to restart pop-up window >> link on the page.
Allow Software to be Installed
Some small software files will have to be installed on your PC and you will be prompted to download and install them. You must allow this software to be downloaded and installed for everything to work properly. This software cleans off anything that may have been saved to your PC during your session and allows your computer to use the various access methods. Follow any on screen instructions.
Eventually, a web page similar to the following example will come up. This is your Access webtop page. You can now start accessing Centegra Health Systems’ information systems!
Important: For security reasons, if 30 minutes of inactivity is detected your connection to Access.Centegra.Com will be terminated. You will have to re-logon to continue working.
Accessing various Information Systems
The links under Applications and Links are for Centegra websites and applications that are not generally accessible from the Internet. Please note that some links require software to be downloaded and installed on your PC. This could take a while, depending on your connection speed.
- Two commonly used applications, Horizon Physician Portal and Web Ambassador may be launched by clicking on the applicable icon on the Access.centegra.com webtop.
- The Password Management link should be used in order to change your password every 90 days.
- Citrix XenApp receiver is required in order to utilize Citrix applications through the Citrix Web Xenapp link. The compatible client for a particular device can be downloaded from the http://receiver.citrix.com web site.
- The Citrix Web Xenapp link allows you to launch a Citrix portal in a new browser tab or window that will allow access to Citrix applications for which you are authorized.
- Click on the folder or link for the application that you want to use.
- Centegra’s EMR is accessible via the Paragon WebStation for Physicians icon in the Paragon folders.
- Click on Main in order to get back to the main page on the Citrix portal.
- Brower settings will determine whether the Citrix portal page appears in a new tab or a new browser window. In either case the user can toggle between the Access.centegra.com Webtop and the Citrix Portal by clicking on the browser tab or Windows taskbar item named F5 Dynamic Webtop or Citrix XenApp.
Disconnecting from Access.Centegra.Com
- Click on in the upper right corner of your web page to exit from Access.centegra.com. Closing all web browser windows will also log you out of Access.Centegra.Com.
- Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- have at least 8 characters
- not be longer than 10 characters
- have upper and lower case characters
- have at least 1 digit(s)
- not be constructed from a dictionary word
- not contain your username
- not be an old password
- not have more than 2 pair(s) of repeating characters
- not contain special characters such as ` @ # ^ ‘ “
- not start with a number if using Infinium
- not start or end with a space
- Re-enter your new password in the Confirm password field.
- Enter your new password again in the Saved password field if you would like Access.Centegra.Com to pass your password to subsequent applications once you login.
- Click the Logon button.
If you fail to access the site after your second attempt, close the browser and re-launch it (Step 1 in the Connecting to Access.Centegra.Com section). If you continue to have problems, verify that you are not having trouble with your Internet connection. If your Internet connection is functioning properly, contact Information Systems Help Desk @ 815.759.4357.
Getting Additional Help
For help with Connect.Centegra.Com, contact the Information System Help Desk @ 815-759-4357. The Information System Help Desk is available 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.