In the ongoing effort to continue to improve Paragon there is a scheduled upgrade to version 11.2.413 on Tuesday, September 17 starting at 9:30pm.
Paragon will be unavailable from 9:30 pm, Tuesday, September 17 until approximately 7 am, Wednesday, September 18.
Paper-based downtime processes and charting will be necessary as Paragon will be unavailable during the downtime window.
In order to prepare for downtime, here is some important information:
- Nursing Units must complete the 9 pm medication pass prior to 9:30 pm
- Paper MARs will be distributed prior to the downtime by Pharmacy to be used during the overnight downtime period
- All orders for AM Testing (such as labs) must be entered by 9:00 pm
- Anyone who can log directly into HPF will be able to do so during the downtime
- Nursing floors should complete manual charge tickets for bedside procedures; these must be input after Paragon is live
- All orders must be paper based during the downtime and distributed to appropriate locations as we did during Go Live (ie fax)
After the patch installation is complete:
- Registration will backload downtime registrations (Erin Anderson)
- Nursing units will be responsible to validate their inpatient census. Nursing Site Leaders please send confirmation email to Judy Andronowitz when census validation is complete (Jeff Hummel and Jeannine Nosko)
- Nursing will need to process any transfers or discharges that occurred during the downtime period (Jeff Hummel and Jeannine Nosko)
- Any other necessary clinical data backloading to be determined by clinical team
- An email notification and overhead page will be done when Paragon is back up and available
- Downtime medication charging process per Pharmacy (Kevin Meurlott)