Malnutrition Flowsheet is now available in Paragon Clinician Hub. Please follow the visual instructions to add “Malnutrition” flowsheet to your favorites.
Paragon 14 went live at 6pm Sunday March 18, 2018.
Current known issues:
- Census issues – Some EMPG hospitalists did have issues with missing patients from default census. Solution: Please review your filters, please look at “Groups”. Make sure “Hospitalist Physicians Med Grp of Ill LLC” is checked. Please save the filter. – resolved 03/22/18 10am
- E-prescription error – This issue has been resolved. If you were able to send electronic prescriptions you should have functionality. Prescribing controlled substances is a different process. – resolved 03/22/18 2pm
- Completed Physdoc notes are not crossing over to MPF. Items can be viewed under “Documents” in Clinician Hub. – issue resolved 3/19/18 at 9am
- MPF (medical records) opens in separate window- This is the new default starting in Version 14. The pop-up window will close (even if minimized) when the focus is changed from the current patient. Previous issues of an orphaned window leading to hanged state should not occur. – Issue closed 03/20/18
- Rounding report patients do not appear in sorted order by bed number. – Issue resolved 03/20/18
Last updated 3/19/18
Paragon will be upgraded from version 13.x to version 14
Saturday 3/17/18 at 10p to Sunday 3/18/18 5p
What will be unavailable?
All Paragon applications including Clinician Hub (physician access) and Clinical care station ((nursing access)
What will be available?
PACS, MPF (medical records), T systems, OB and anesthesia Centricity, MUSE and CVIS
For instructions on accessing MPF during downtime see here.
What about labs?
Labs will be printed and placed in the paper chart.
What about notes?
Physicians will dictate notes during downtime.
What about orders?
Paper order sheets and prescriptions will be used during downtime.
What are the new features in Paragon 14?
- Updated Patient Card: Patient demographics are easier to see in the upper left hand corner.
- Patient Profile (NEW): Report containing information such as advanced directives, allergies, demographics, family history, implants, home medications etc are now available in a single report. This report can be customized by the end user for their practice
- New flowsheet search capabilities: Some flowsheets such as Lab can get very difficult yo navigate especially on long admissions. This new search function will allow the user to quickly scroll the needed row. In this example I searched for “chest”. I was taken to the Chest X-ray row with the specific row highlighted.
- Prescription writer: Now allows for secure electronic submission of controlled substances
Paragon will not be available from 10:00 pm Tuesday 1/9/2018 through 6:00 am 1/10/2018 while the database is being upgraded.
MPF will be available to pull up past notes.
Paragon version 12.x
Antibiotics can be dosed by a clinical pharmacist for all inpatients. Dosing is done through P&T approved protocols.
- Go to Paragon clinician hub
- Ordering tab
- Order Queue
- Search for “antibiotics”
- Select RX formulary oral & injectable antibiotics
Please DO NOT order in any of the following
- As a miscellaneous nursing order
- As a message to the pharmacist
- In the comments section of an antibiotic order
Originally published on March 12, 2016. This procedure is still valid for version 13.x
Current list of Paragon order sets are available here
Paragon rounding reports have been updated with:
- Header contains the hospital location
- Bed numbers sort in ascending order
- Footer contains the username along with date and time printed