When ordering a diet outside of an order set providers are taken to a screen where they can see the active diet and any supplements/modifiers for that patient. Below are directions on how to submit a new diet and discontinue a previous one. Please keep in mind that the process below is based on ordering a diet outside of an order set.
New Diet Order
- Search for a diet and click on the diet.
- Edit information as needed; Providers can add notes, start and stop times, etc. if need be.
- Click on the red “x” of the diet you wish to discontinue. If the previous order is not discontinued in the diet order detail screen, you will not be able to submit the new diet.
- To submit the new diet scroll to the bottom of the page and click “submit.” *Always click submit*
Things to Remember
- You must discontinue the previous diet in the diet order detail screen before you can submit the new diet.
- New diet orders cannot be submitted if there is a pending diet order change. Kindly ask a nurse or patient care tech to process the pending diet order or cancel the request for the pending diet order in the Order Queue by clicking the Cancel Req button.