OPTIFAST is 26-week program uses a full meal replacement plan that transitions to self-prepared meals, comprehensive patient education and support groups.
Patients meets with a team of healthcare professionals that includes physicians, registered dietitians, and counselors to help achieve and sustain long term weight loss.
The Optifast program consists of Three Phases:
- During the first phase, participants consume Optifast meal replacement products instead of typical food so they do not have to worry about counting calories. They also begin important lifestyle changes.
- The second phase is known as the transition phase. Patients gradually learn how to add self-prepared foods back into their diet while continuing with lifestyle change education.
- Phase three is the long-term management phase. Patients can participate in ongoing classes and support sessions to help manage their weight in the future.
Every patient will be provided with a WellBridge membership to Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers.
Who is it designed for?
The program is designed for people severely overweight or obese (BMI 27–35+) (BMI calculator). It is also recommended for people who need to lose weight before weight-loss surgery.
“Pre-bariatric” patients – individuals needing to lose weight before their weight loss surgery
For those individuals that do not qualify, depending on why they do not qualify (stage of readiness to change, BMI, etc), they may be best directed to MNT or Simply Weight Loss.
For those individuals that are concerned with price, please refer them to Fitness Director x7015 to further discuss to go through pricing.
OPTIFAST provides clients access to physicians, registered dietitians and counselors so they can achieve and sustain long-term weight loss. It is another way that Centegra Health System is addressing the healthcare needs of the community.
Centegra will offer informational sessions about OPTIFAST beginning at 5 p.m. Aug. 7 at our Crystal Lake Medical Arts location. Centegra Physician Care nurse practitioner Tanya Tanzillo will also provide a free lecture, “OPTIFAST: It’s More than a Shake,” from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley conference room (see map). Call 877-CENTEGRA to register or register online.
- Schedule patient for Information Session in CSI/NG/SPECTRUM
- Wednesday evenings
- First Session taking reservations: August 7th
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Crystal Lake Medical Arts Conference Room
- Led by Julie Patterson and/or Lindsay Boeke
- Patient registers for Support Groups (Payment Required)
- Patient completes blood work, EKG, initial intake assessment with NP, Tanya Tanzillo and then they will attend support group.
- Support Groups take place Tuesday and Thursday evenings (We will initially be starting these just THURSDAY evenings to get a full group running)
- 5:30 pm– 7:30 pm
- 5:30 pm– 6:30pm Assessments/Labs/Weekly Visits w/Nurse Practitioner
- 6:30 pm– 7:30pm Support Group
- Led by Sarah Buytendorp, RD
- Support Groups have a financial commitment to participate in. This is a part of the program fee. Attendance is mandatory to the weekly visits with the NP as well as the Support Group.