Make order entry faster
By now you probably have figured out that creating your own favorites list is the fast way to enter orders in Paragon webstation for physicians. But very quickly you may find that your favorites list is getting too long and cumbersome to sort through. Additionally when there are many favorites it is easy to forget an order say when writing a group of orders for fever etc.
Grouping orders under labels is an efficient way to group orders.
- Labels can be by diagnosis such as pneumonia or by class such as radiology
- The same order can be in more than one label – in the example below acetaminophen is to be added to fever and ICU labels.
Getting to favorites
First open the favorites panel by going to CPOE and "Favorite Orders"
In this example we will be adding adding Acetaminophen to two labels
Open the label maintainence box by clicking on the button on the right hand side just below the "medication reconciliation" button
Labels Maintenance — Dialog
Labels can be added edited and removed from within this dialog box.
- Just go ahead and add ICU as an example and click "Add New".
- Add as many labels as needed.
- Then click close when done.
Adding favorite to a label
- Clicking on the "tag" icon will open the Label dialog.
Adding to label
Now move the labels from the "available label" side to the "selected label" side for the labels that you would like to assign the favorite order to by selecting the label (1) and then the right arrow (2)
Once the labels are added your dialog box should look similar to this.
Close when done (1)
Acetaminophen now appears in the "Fever" and the "ICU" labels.
This makes it really easy to find the orders by having them in a task oriented group.