All medications, including home medications, in Admission Medication Reconciliation should be verified prior to completing / submitting the Admission Medication Reconciliation. If any home medication(s) requires a new order in house with a different dosage, it is important to “Defer” the original home medication in Admission Med Rec prior to placing a new order of the same medication with a different dosage.
Available at Centegra Hospital Huntley and Centegra Hospital McHenry location. Please review the images for additional details.
Pulse Ox orders are now added into,
- Lurie General Pediatric Admission H
- Lurie Bronchiolitis Module H
- Lurie Asthma Module H
These Order Sets are Active at the Centegra Hospital Huntley location. Please review the attached image for additional information.
The “THERAPEUTIC HYPOTHERMIA” order set in Paragon Clinician Hub (PCH) now includes the Head CT STAT Imaging order. This order set is live at Centegra Hospital Huntley and Centegra Hospital McHenry location. Please review the image for additional details.
Did you know that you can now view orders and lab results on your Paragon patients through AlertMD?
This is a faster way to quickly check on a pending lab result especially if you are away from a computer.
Just follow the few steps below:
- Open AlertMD
- Tap on “Messages” at the top of the screen to open the menu
- Click on Census (if you do not see your census, change the filter from the bottom right corner)
- Select the patient
- Click on the third tab, shaped like a paper
- Select “Labs”
- Click on labs to view the results
Orders are also available in the middle tab.
Nursing and pharmacy will list patient allergies in the EMR. The severity of the allergy cannot be assessed by the nursing and pharmacy staff. Therefore the allergy severity will be listed as “unknown”. This will default to the presumed to be severe for the drug alerting.
Physicians can go and edit the severity based on history and clinical judgement.
Please edit the informant source to physician. This will allow the severity to flow from one admission to the next.
Paragon 14 has some changes to reprinting prescriptions. Please see here for details.
Page will be available under the Doctor => Paragon menu.
Paragon 14 went live at 6pm Sunday March 18, 2018.
Current known issues:
- Census issues – Some EMPG hospitalists did have issues with missing patients from default census. Solution: Please review your filters, please look at “Groups”. Make sure “Hospitalist Physicians Med Grp of Ill LLC” is checked. Please save the filter. – resolved 03/22/18 10am
- E-prescription error – This issue has been resolved. If you were able to send electronic prescriptions you should have functionality. Prescribing controlled substances is a different process. – resolved 03/22/18 2pm
- Completed Physdoc notes are not crossing over to MPF. Items can be viewed under “Documents” in Clinician Hub. – issue resolved 3/19/18 at 9am
- MPF (medical records) opens in separate window- This is the new default starting in Version 14. The pop-up window will close (even if minimized) when the focus is changed from the current patient. Previous issues of an orphaned window leading to hanged state should not occur. – Issue closed 03/20/18
- Rounding report patients do not appear in sorted order by bed number. – Issue resolved 03/20/18
Last updated 3/19/18
Paragon will be upgraded from version 13.x to version 14
Saturday 3/17/18 at 10p to Sunday 3/18/18 5p
What will be unavailable?
All Paragon applications including Clinician Hub (physician access) and Clinical care station ((nursing access)
What will be available?
PACS, MPF (medical records), T systems, OB and anesthesia Centricity, MUSE and CVIS
For instructions on accessing MPF during downtime see here.
What about labs?
Labs will be printed and placed in the paper chart.
What about notes?
Physicians will dictate notes during downtime.
What about orders?
Paper order sheets and prescriptions will be used during downtime.
What are the new features in Paragon 14?
- Updated Patient Card: Patient demographics are easier to see in the upper left hand corner.
- Patient Profile (NEW): Report containing information such as advanced directives, allergies, demographics, family history, implants, home medications etc are now available in a single report. This report can be customized by the end user for their practice
- New flowsheet search capabilities: Some flowsheets such as Lab can get very difficult yo navigate especially on long admissions. This new search function will allow the user to quickly scroll the needed row. In this example I searched for “chest”. I was taken to the Chest X-ray row with the specific row highlighted.
- Prescription writer: Now allows for secure electronic submission of controlled substances
Multiple facesheets can be printed from Paragon Clinician Hub V13.x