Physicians and other healthcare professionals This live symposium is intended to benefit internists, cardiologists, family medicine physicians, podiatrists, oncologists, radiologists, NPs, PAs, APNs, RNs and other healthcare providers.
- Be aware of developments in revascularization techniques of coronary artery disease, both percutaneous and surgical
- Discuss the latest updates regarding antiplatelet therapies
- Utilize the latest strategies on the management of atrial fibrillation
- Compare anticoagulation options for thromboprophylaxis for atrial fibrillation, including left atrial appendage closure devices
- Be familiar with screening, diagnosis and treatment options for carotid artery disease
- Be familiar with screening, diagnosis and treatment options for abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Be aware of the latest developments and techniques to tackle structural heart disease, including identifying patients suitable for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Review the screening, diagnosis and management of peripheral vascular disease, including lower extremity arterial and venous disease
Centegra Hospital – Huntley
10400 Haligus Rd.
Huntley, IL 60142
Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
4:30p – 9:30p
Thursday, April 26th, 2018
7:30a – 12:30p
Online registration receives a $10 discount
VISA & MasterCard accepted as well as a CHS Cost Center.
To register, please click here.
For additional information, please contact Edie Best.
Please join us for our Doctors Day Lunch April 3rd-5th 2018.
Paragon will be upgraded from version 13.x to version 14
Saturday 3/17/18 at 10p to Sunday 3/18/18 5p
What will be unavailable?
All Paragon applications including Clinician Hub (physician access) and Clinical care station ((nursing access)
What will be available?
PACS, MPF (medical records), T systems, OB and anesthesia Centricity, MUSE and CVIS
For instructions on accessing MPF during downtime see here.
What about labs?
Labs will be printed and placed in the paper chart.
What about notes?
Physicians will dictate notes during downtime.
What about orders?
Paper order sheets and prescriptions will be used during downtime.
What are the new features in Paragon 14?
- Updated Patient Card: Patient demographics are easier to see in the upper left hand corner.
- Patient Profile (NEW): Report containing information such as advanced directives, allergies, demographics, family history, implants, home medications etc are now available in a single report. This report can be customized by the end user for their practice
- New flowsheet search capabilities: Some flowsheets such as Lab can get very difficult yo navigate especially on long admissions. This new search function will allow the user to quickly scroll the needed row. In this example I searched for “chest”. I was taken to the Chest X-ray row with the specific row highlighted.
- Prescription writer: Now allows for secure electronic submission of controlled substances
In order to address our interpreter needs across campuses, we are going to test a new interpreter device that will better serve our community. We have 3 Interpreter on Wheels (IOW) devices that we will pilot for 2 weeks, beginning 11/8/17. The device will allow us to meet Joint Commission standards as hospitals are required to use a qualified interpreter when communicating with patients & families who have limited English proficiency.
You simply choose from 35 different languages including American Sign Language and a qualified interpreter will join you via IPad Video Web Camera. In caring for patients 24/7 this will provide a more personalized approach in comparison to the phone service we currently use.
ED Specialists, Chaplains and Interpreter Team Lead will be trained as super users for your convenience on 11/8/17. However, the intuitive product will have written instructions attached. We can begin to use the devices 11/8/17.
The IOW will be stored in the ED of CHM, CHH & CHW. If you would like to use the device, please contact ED and sign out the IOW. There will be a log sheet which will ask you to provide some feedback as we consider using this tool for patient care. After usage the device will ask you to rate it 1-5.
Paragon will not be available from 10:00 pm Tuesday 1/9/2018 through 6:00 am 1/10/2018 while the database is being upgraded.
MPF will be available to pull up past notes.
Please be aware that Centricity DMS (Cardiology application) will experience downtime this weekend for a system upgrade. Users will NOT be able to log into Centricity DMS and/or send images to Centricity. A hard copy of the Downtime Resource Guide is always available on each unit as well as an electronic copy is located on the Centegra Portal.
When will Centricity DMS go offline?
Friday, November 17th @ 5p
When will Centricity DMS be available again?
Tuesday, November 21st @ 5p
What will this affect?
- Images can still be viewed by clinicians on ZFP Cardio Images
- Medical Imaging will fax a form to the floors with preliminary findings from the Cardiologist’s readings
- No official reports until Tuesday (this includes echo, cath and stress)
- Preliminary reports will be available for EMERGENT echoes ONLY. This report will only have pertinent findings and will be faxed to the patient’s POD.
Who will this affect?
- Anyone that uses Centricity DMS
- Anyone that needs a Cardiologist’s reading (echo, cath and stress)
Who can i contact for help?
- For report issues please contact the reading Cardiologist directly
- For all other questions, please contact the department
We apologize in advance for any delays this may cause. We ask that you please be patient with this process as there will be likely delays in viewing echos in particular (due to a lengthy/cumbersome viewing process). Please be sure to adjust your clinical care accordingly.
Morphine Injection Shortage 10.18.2017
There is a nationwide shortage of morphine injection that expected to last until early to mid-November. The Pharmacy Department is running very low on supply and expects that the drug will become unavailable. Please consider ordering an alternate injection product for pain management. An opioid dose conversion chart is included below for your convenience.
Oral: Parenteral Ratio
Oral Morphine: Analgesic Ratio
|Morphine ||30 mg ||10 mg ||3 : 1 ||1 : 1 ||4 – 6 hrs ||3 hrs |
|Oxycodone ||20 mg ||— ||— ||1.5 : 1 ||3 – 5 hrs ||4 – 5 hrs |
|Hydromorphone ||7.5 mg ||2 mg || 4: 1 ||4: 1 ||3 – 4 hrs ||2 – 3 hrs |
|Fentanyl ||— ||100 mcg ||— ||See Table B on page 2 ||1 hr ||3 – 12 hrs |
|Methadone ||20 mg ||10 mg ||2 : 1 ||See Table C on page 2 ||4 – 12 hrs ||15 – 50 hrs |
|Codeine ||200 mg ||130 mg ||1.5 : 1 ||1 : 7 ||4 – 6 hrs ||3 hrs |
|Hydrocodone ||30 mg ||— ||— ||1 : 1 ||3 – 6 hrs ||3 – 4 hrs |
|Meperidine ||300 mg ||75 mg ||4 : 1 ||1 : 10 ||2 – 4 hrs ||2 – 3 hrs |
|Nalbuphine ||— ||10 mg ||— ||1 : 1 ||3 – 6 hrs ||5 hrs |
Please join us for our blood drive.
4201 Medical Center Drive (Classrooms)
McHenry, IL 60050
Thursday, September 28, 2017
11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Appointments are encouraged. Please click HERE to schedule your preferred donation time or contact Volunteer Services at 815-759-4334.
The need is constant. The gratification is instant. One in three people will need a blood donation in their lifetime.
Your donation is a lifeline to patients in local hospitals. Every donation saves lives.
Please consider becoming a donor today. Go to www.heartlandbc.org to see how easy it is to help save a life.
All donors will receive a $10 Colonial Café Gift Certificate
Donate blood during September and October to receive a FREE ENTRY voucher for
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm Pumpkin Fest.
The voucher is valid opening day on September 23rd through October 31st.
Don’t forget your Photo ID ~ Walk ins Welcome