Starting Feb 2018 we will move to a three tiered system of antimicrobial stewardship. For all the details go to Clinical -> Infection prevention -> Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Please note that the CT Chest ILD protocol is specifically to evaluate for and differentiate between different types of interstitial lung diseases and includes expiratory phase and prone imaging. Usually this is on patients with known pulmonary fibrosis or longstanding shortness of breath. Also this is usually ordered by pulmonologists on outpatients. If a patient is acutely short of breath, has a lung nodule/mass, or in the hospital, usually a CT chest is the more appropriate order. This was previously named “High-Resolution Chest CT,” but the name was changed to better reflect it’s intended use. All of our CTs are high resolution.
Flu season is up us. Please see these guidelines for this season from Infectious Disease Society of America for current updates.
Paragon will not be available from 10:00 pm Tuesday 1/9/2018 through 6:00 am 1/10/2018 while the database is being upgraded.
MPF will be available to pull up past notes.
Please be aware that Centricity DMS (Cardiology application) will experience downtime this weekend for a system upgrade. Users will NOT be able to log into Centricity DMS and/or send images to Centricity. A hard copy of the Downtime Resource Guide is always available on each unit as well as an electronic copy is located on the Centegra Portal.
When will Centricity DMS go offline?
Friday, November 17th @ 5p
When will Centricity DMS be available again?
Tuesday, November 21st @ 5p
What will this affect?
- Images can still be viewed by clinicians on ZFP Cardio Images
- Medical Imaging will fax a form to the floors with preliminary findings from the Cardiologist’s readings
- No official reports until Tuesday (this includes echo, cath and stress)
- Preliminary reports will be available for EMERGENT echoes ONLY. This report will only have pertinent findings and will be faxed to the patient’s POD.
Who will this affect?
- Anyone that uses Centricity DMS
- Anyone that needs a Cardiologist’s reading (echo, cath and stress)
Who can i contact for help?
- For report issues please contact the reading Cardiologist directly
- For all other questions, please contact the department
We apologize in advance for any delays this may cause. We ask that you please be patient with this process as there will be likely delays in viewing echos in particular (due to a lengthy/cumbersome viewing process). Please be sure to adjust your clinical care accordingly.
Multiple facesheets can be printed from Paragon Clinician Hub V13.x
Works with Paragon version 12.x
Did you know that a provider can sign off on another physicians verbal orders? This can be useful to sign off on verbal admit orders entered under another provider.
- Open a specific patient chart.
- Go to the “More” drop down on the tab list.
- Load the list of unsigned orders for all providers on that patient. It may take a few moments.
- Check the boxes for orders that need to be signed or click the check mark at the top to check all the orders.
- All the orders will be checked.
- Go to the bottom of the list to click to “sign-off” button.
- The unsigned orders will now be signed.
Paragon version 12.x
Antibiotics can be dosed by a clinical pharmacist for all inpatients. Dosing is done through P&T approved protocols.
- Go to Paragon clinician hub
- Ordering tab
- Order Queue
- Search for “antibiotics”
- Select RX formulary oral & injectable antibiotics
Please DO NOT order in any of the following
- As a miscellaneous nursing order
- As a message to the pharmacist
- In the comments section of an antibiotic order