Please note that the CT Chest ILD protocol is specifically to evaluate for and differentiate between different types of interstitial lung diseases and includes expiratory phase and prone imaging. Usually this is on patients with known pulmonary fibrosis or longstanding shortness of breath. Also this is usually ordered by pulmonologists on outpatients. If a patient is acutely short of breath, has a lung nodule/mass, or in the hospital, usually a CT chest is the more appropriate order. This was previously named “High-Resolution Chest CT,” but the name was changed to better reflect it’s intended use. All of our CTs are high resolution.
Flu season is up us. Please see these guidelines for this season from Infectious Disease Society of America for current updates.
Paragon will not be available from 10:00 pm Tuesday 1/9/2018 through 6:00 am 1/10/2018 while the database is being upgraded.
MPF will be available to pull up past notes.
Please be aware that Centricity DMS (Cardiology application) will experience downtime this weekend for a system upgrade. Users will NOT be able to log into Centricity DMS and/or send images to Centricity. A hard copy of the Downtime Resource Guide is always available on each unit as well as an electronic copy is located on the Centegra Portal.
When will Centricity DMS go offline?
Friday, November 17th @ 5p
When will Centricity DMS be available again?
Tuesday, November 21st @ 5p
What will this affect?
- Images can still be viewed by clinicians on ZFP Cardio Images
- Medical Imaging will fax a form to the floors with preliminary findings from the Cardiologist’s readings
- No official reports until Tuesday (this includes echo, cath and stress)
- Preliminary reports will be available for EMERGENT echoes ONLY. This report will only have pertinent findings and will be faxed to the patient’s POD.
Who will this affect?
- Anyone that uses Centricity DMS
- Anyone that needs a Cardiologist’s reading (echo, cath and stress)
Who can i contact for help?
- For report issues please contact the reading Cardiologist directly
- For all other questions, please contact the department
We apologize in advance for any delays this may cause. We ask that you please be patient with this process as there will be likely delays in viewing echos in particular (due to a lengthy/cumbersome viewing process). Please be sure to adjust your clinical care accordingly.
Multiple facesheets can be printed from Paragon Clinician Hub V13.x
Works with Paragon version 12.x
Did you know that a provider can sign off on another physicians verbal orders? This can be useful to sign off on verbal admit orders entered under another provider.
- Open a specific patient chart.
- Go to the “More” drop down on the tab list.
- Load the list of unsigned orders for all providers on that patient. It may take a few moments.
- Check the boxes for orders that need to be signed or click the check mark at the top to check all the orders.
- All the orders will be checked.
- Go to the bottom of the list to click to “sign-off” button.
- The unsigned orders will now be signed.
Paragon version 12.x
Antibiotics can be dosed by a clinical pharmacist for all inpatients. Dosing is done through P&T approved protocols.
- Go to Paragon clinician hub
- Ordering tab
- Order Queue
- Search for “antibiotics”
- Select RX formulary oral & injectable antibiotics
Please DO NOT order in any of the following
- As a miscellaneous nursing order
- As a message to the pharmacist
- In the comments section of an antibiotic order
Please join us for our blood drive.
4201 Medical Center Drive (Classrooms)
McHenry, IL 60050
Thursday, September 28, 2017
11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Appointments are encouraged. Please click HERE to schedule your preferred donation time or contact Volunteer Services at 815-759-4334.
The need is constant. The gratification is instant. One in three people will need a blood donation in their lifetime.
Your donation is a lifeline to patients in local hospitals. Every donation saves lives.
Please consider becoming a donor today. Go to www.heartlandbc.org to see how easy it is to help save a life.
All donors will receive a $10 Colonial Café Gift Certificate
Donate blood during September and October to receive a FREE ENTRY voucher for
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm Pumpkin Fest.
The voucher is valid opening day on September 23rd through October 31st.
Don’t forget your Photo ID ~ Walk ins Welcome
AlertMD On-Call number for Psychiatry: 815-206-3437
Effective Wednesday, September 13, 2017
There is no single point of access to contact the scheduled on-call Psychiatric Provider. At times, there is confusion around who is on-call for which service, which results in delayed responses.
The Psychiatric Provider team manages multiple call lists for the ED, med floors, and inpatient behavioral health unit. Schedules are distributed across departments but become quickly outdated as schedules change.
A single point of access is required to ensure a caller can access the correct Psychiatric
Provider within a timely fashion.
Utilize the Center and AlertMD to establish a single access point; populating the schedule behind the scenes to ensure each caller is accessing the most up to date on-call schedule and Provider resource.
Medical Providers, Nurses, and Care Coordinators serving patients on the Medical floors will be able to access the Psychiatric Provider by calling 815-206-3437.
After dialing this number, you will hear three options:
- If you are calling from the ER, please press 1
- If you are calling from a Medical Floor, please press 2
- If you are calling from the Inpatient Behavioral health floor, please press 3
Once you make your selection, you will be greeted by the operator. The operator will page the psychiatrist on call through Alert MD. The Psychiatrist has 15 minutes to respond. If they do not respond, the operator will page again.
Please contact Susan Yerkes with any issues. (815)334-5582 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼